Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Whose Fans Are Stupider?

I'm sorry about today's glut of sillyness but it's just been that kind of day. In any case, this really made me laugh out loud and so I wanted to share it with you all.

First, I came across this random story on CNN, about a new application that pits two Twitter feeds against each other and, based on a statistical analysis, tells you whose 'fans' are stupider. According to the application's developer, Tom Scott:


"It estimates based on several stupid indicators. Are they using twenty exclamation marks in a row? Do they endlessly use the abbreviation 'OMG'? Do they seem incapable of working out where their Shift key is? These indicators have a strong correlation with the message, and its sender, being stupid."


Imran Khan twittering to Jemima Khan in days gone by


So, of course, I had to try it and, of course, the first Twits Twitterers I pit against each other were Jemima Khan (JemKhan) and Imran Khan (ImranKhanPTI). All I can say is, this shit really works!

Here's the result. Go to town with it.

5 comments:

sepoy said...

nice work!

http://www.tomscott.com/stupidfight/#sarataseer-vs-fbhutto

TLW said...

Actually Kalakawa mentioned it on the Paki Blogosphere here:

http://twitter.com/kaalakawaa/status/12066162247

TLW said...

Sorry to go off topic Cafe Pyala but I think this got lost in the congratulations to the Express Tribune (which I'm glad to see out). Anyway here's a repeat:

Like a vampire with a bullet wound, this filthy story has risen back from the dead:

http://blog.dawn.com/2010/04/13/flogging-the-truth/


Now I know why I always suspected this Sana Saleem.

Guys I think your blog is being trolled for news fodder by the above ground journalists.


And this stilted news handout, seems to eerily resonate with that News report you quoted.

Cafe Pyala, I think we need to "deal" with Dawn Blog, and this vapidly confused Sana Saleem.

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!!!!! This blog is like awesome!!!!!!! LOL You mean Imran(!!!!!) and Jemima both have twitter accounts?????????????? WOWWWWWWW. I can't decide whose friend I want to become MORE but OMG after deleting Zaid Hamid for being Gustakh-e-Rasool (OMG can you believe that??????????????!!!!!!) I am looking for a facebook page for the Tehrik e Taliban who Imran Khan really loves and I have been told are POSITIVELY and DEFINITELY not Gustakh-e-Rasool. If only some of them could team up with Nabeela for some AWESOMEEEEEEEE makeovers. Anyway Jemima is a Jew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Anyone know which religion she is following now?

Ahsan said...

^ Hilarious.

And thanks a lot Pyalas, I'm now going to proceed to waste the rest of my afternoon pitting myself against all the people I hate. Already I have noted my fans are smarter than Fatima Bhutto's and Imran Khan's, but I'm not stopping here.